Our Nursery session starts at 9am and runs until 11.30am.
Each day follows a similar pattern. Every child enjoys the structure and security that this format offers.
- The children start their day by playing outside for approximately fifteen minutes.
- Circle Time – this is a time when we take part in a range of activities and talk about things that interest the children. We all get together to sing and to join in with poems and action rhymes.
- Small Group Work – this is a time when we meet in small groups to take part in a range of activities e.g. learning to use scissors, mixing ingredients to make a cake.
- Snack Time – we all have something healthy to eat and drink. This is a positive and enjoyable activity, which allows us to teach manners and develop social and conversational skills.
- Play Time –The children now plan to play in the various areas of the classroom. This is the time that they try things out, problem solve, practise and experiment. Staff work alongside the children, supporting and encouraging them during their play, being there to share their many experiences.
- Tidy Up Time – we all tidy up the equipment and put things away.
- Play and Say – in small groups, the children talk about the things that they have been doing that morning. They learn to listen to others and to take turns. This is such an important activity for confidence building.
- Home Time.